Questions & Answers
1. Where do you buy houses?
We typically buy houses in the valleys surrounding Los Angeles – San Gabriel Valley, San Fernando Valley, Conejo Valley, Simi Valley, and Antelope Valley – but we will buy all over the Los Angeles area – not only Los Angeles County, but also Ventura County and Orange County.
2. How does the process work?
In normal real estate transactions, the process can get complicated, because you have buyers that need to get a loan from a bank, or they need to sell their current property first, or they want certain things in your house fixed. Because we do this as a business, our process is simpler. Click here to see how it works.
3. How quickly can you complete the sale?
We can generally close within 5 to 10 days, maybe even quicker. However, if you need to take more time, then we can accommodate your schedule.
4. Who usually sells their house to you?
Many people in a variety of situations. Some examples include people who:
• Have inherited properly and want to sell it quickly
• Cannot afford the real estate taxes
• No longer wish to deal with tenant issues
• Are relocating and need to sell fast
• Own homes that require extensive repairs
• Were unable to sell their home with an agent
• Are dealing with a divorce and want to sell quickly
• Are behind on mortgage payments and may be facing foreclosure
• Have vacant properties that are unmaintained
Really, it doesn’t necessarily matter what your situation is or what the condition of the home is – we will still check it out.
5. My home needs a lot of repairs or renovations. How is this handled?
We buy houses “as-is”. This means that we will deal with any repairs after we buy the house, so you don’t have to worry about any of that.
6. I still owe money on my mortgage. How will this be paid?
The escrow company will order a payoff statement from your lender or bank, and the entire remaining mortgage amount will be paid off at closing. If our offer is below what you owe on the mortgage, we can discuss your options at that point.
7. How do you determine the price you will offer for my house?
There are many factors we take into account when coming up with a price to offer. We consider the condition of the house and the cost of renovations, the time we expect to take renovating the house and listing it for sale, the commission and closing costs when we resell the property, back payments on the mortgage or taxes, and of course the value of other similar homes in the area. We also factor in the costs we expect to incur while holding and maintaining the property, such as insurance, utilities, taxes, lawn care, cleaning, staging, and security services.
8. Do you buy condos or townhouses?
Yes, we do occasionally buy condominiums and townhomes.
9. Do you buy mobile homes?
No, I’m sorry, we do not buy mobile homes at this time.
10. Why should I sell to you instead of someone else?
Well, first of all, if you can sell your house to a retail buyer and you have the time, money, and patience to do so, then that is exactly what you should do. However, if you want to sell quickly and efficiently and are looking for other possible buyers, then just get in touch with us. If you are not comfortable after speaking with us, then you should look for someone else. Remember, though, just because someone posts something on a website or in an ad doesn’t make them more or less trustworthy – that’s why we recommend you speak with the person you are considering working with, and then meet them face to face for an in-person conversation if possible.